LITTLE BUNGALOW LIFE

LITTLE BUNGALOW LIFE

Tuesday, September 23, 2014


RAFFLE BASKETS

About five years ago my community's local animal shelter, THE ANIMAL PROTECTIVE FOUNDATION hosted an elegant jewelry sale to benefit the parentless pets.  This was just one of their wonderful events.  For many years I had been bringing food, treats, toys and supplies by for the pets, but I wanted to do more.  I do not have it in me to volunteer at the shelter.  I wish I could, but I would bring every "mommyless" baby home and my cats, Blossom and Six (my first two girls that passed away a little over 4 years ago) or my girls, Dharma and Thora would never stand for it.  They barely let me reside here now.  They need me for my thumbs.
So I thought about making raffle baskets.  I put a few together and brought them down.  The event was just before Valentine's Day and the baskets were so pretty in all reds, pinks and whites.  After that a member of the staff approached me about making baskets for other events.  Although a little overwhelming at first, I really started to enjoy it.
My sister and I do all the shopping, and purchase the items ourselves.  We do seek out donations for a few things very occasionally, but we love looking for bargains and all the unique things we can buy.  Besides who needs an excuse to shop. 
Every September the shelter holds THE FIREPLUG WALK FOR ANIMALS, at Central Park in Schenectady.  We just delivered 14 baskets. 
I was very pleased with how they turned out.  My only regret is having to cover them in plastic basket bags.  For indoor events we use Toile fabric, which makes the baskets look so rich.  But, my fear for an event in a wooded park on a warm September day is finding the baskets full of Tics, Fleas and other creepy crawlies.  But, we try to "fancy" them up with bows and ribbons.  Every basket gets a purple curling ribbon, to represent the APF color and we found paw print curling ribbon for the pets.  So here is look, and hopefully the winners will love their treasures.


NASCAR, Dinosaur Double Feature, Givenchy Play for men with a sports theme, For the Sports Lover.


 



Two of my favorites, both baskets have books, one has Agatha Christie.  The Agatha Christie has the prettiest Audobon Society tea pot and mug set.  They other has two books, coffees and a very unusual clock design set.
Tea With Agatha Christie and Hot Coffee and a Good Book.  Both have biscuits and cookies.
A Halloween theme wine basket.  Werewolf wine, trick or treat wine glasses and everything for an elegant Halloween even a pumpkin carving kit.
An Elegant Halloween.
Two for little girls or even big girls; Barbie and Pretty Pink Bunny.
Two for the Fur Babies, Doggie Day at the Spa and One Lucky Kitty.  And purple baskets for the APF connection.
This one came cuter than I expected.  I had so many little cat and dog things that had just never fit anywhere.  So we grouped them all together and made a grab bag.  Normally I list the contents on a hang tag, but for this one I just made a title tag.  Letting the contents be a surprise. 
Trinkets and Treasures, Somethings to Keep, Somethings to Share.

Fendi for men with neckties, handkerchiefs, and a Carson Kressley book on CD, Fendi for women, Givenchy for women in a gardeners theme with the cutest sun hat.
For The Stylish Man, Everything a Girl Needs, For the Gardening Lover.

All the baskets could be retail valued from $50.00 to $200.00 so we think for a $1.00 a ticket or 6 tickets for $5.00, even if you spend $20.00 on tickets you will get a really good deal.  We make sure all the baskets are full and worthy.  It is all about the pets but it is so important for me that when a person wins one they are so happy and enjoy their prize.







 

No comments:

Post a Comment