LITTLE BUNGALOW LIFE

LITTLE BUNGALOW LIFE

Wednesday, November 5, 2014

FALL READING

It is no secret I am a fan of cozy mysteries.  There are several series I follow, but I will pick up a "new-to-me" author from time to time.  Sometimes I continue with the series, sometimes I don't.  Some series I will only read selected installments especially if they have holiday themed selections.
I do, however, read books that are relevant to the season or holiday.  So, in late August I started my Fall reading.  I LOVE Halloween themed but I also look for any Fall related story. 

I started with "Murder She Barked," A Paws and Claws Mystery by Krista Davis.  I am a huge fan of the Domestic Diva Mysteries, so I was sure I would like this series.  I was not wrong.  I appreciate how different this series is from the Diva Mysteries.  But it had the same flow, chapters ending with cliff hangers and great characters.  I can't wait to read "The Ghost and Mrs. Mewer."  Of course I will hold this for Fall next year (it is a Halloween theme) but it will be worth the wait.
 
Then I dug into "A Killer Crop" by Sheila Connolly.  This is the first time a have read one of her books.  I chose it because it was Fall themed but also the setting.  It is set in the Pioneer Valley of Massachusetts.  I love this area, especially Northampton.  It is only an hour and forty five minute drive for us, so it is a nice little getaway. 
 
 
Next was "A Biscuit, A Casket."  This is the second in the Pawsitively Organic Mysteries by Liz Mugavero.  I had the opportunity to meet Liz at Bouchercon in Albany last September and she is lovely.  Off course there are furry characters in this series, which makes it a must read for me, but the story was great too.  This is a Halloween theme and had a nice spooky feel.  Very fun read and great for reading out side on the patio under the Fall sky.

 
The one I just finished is "The Legend of Sleepy Harlow."  This is part of The League of Literary Ladies Mysteries, by Kylie Logan.  This is a new-to-me series but I will definitely be catching up by buying the first two in the series.  I picked this one out of order because it is a Halloween theme, but I will be adding this to the list of series I follow.  The characters are great.  The story was so fun and had a spooky feel.  What really caught my eye was the titles of the books in the series.  Each is a play on words of the title of the book the ladies are reading. 
 
And look at the cover art on all of these books, aren't they great.  That is really one of the reasons I pick up a book and take a closer look.
Thanks to all the authors for their hard work and keep them coming.
 
 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment