LITTLE BUNGALOW LIFE

LITTLE BUNGALOW LIFE

Saturday, November 29, 2014

LEFTOVERS DAY TWO

Another day with Thanksgiving leftovers.  That is one of the reasons I leave my Thanksgiving decorations up until Monday; I don't want to eat leftovers while looking a Winter decorations.  Plus, I don't like rushing the holidays. 

Last night, watching some Thanksgiving theme t.v. in front of the fire, my favorite leftover meal.  Simple sandwich, cold turkey, mayo on Mallozzi's homemade dinner rolls (nothing else on it.)

 
It doesn't get much better than this, with Snapdragon apple slices and Cabot Vermont Cheddar Cheese on the side.
 
Saturday calls for a quick easy lunch.  Pulling out Winter decorations and airing out some indoor decorations.  Turkey quesadilla and stuffing, of course.  I bought this pan several years ago, it was "an as seen on t.v." product to make pancakes.  I never used it for pancakes but it is great for quesadillas.
 
 
Coat both sides with Pam, lay down the tortilla and top with Sargento shredded cheese, cubed turkey and some diced tomatoes.
 
 
Cover with second tortilla and grill.  I like to press down lightly while grilling to make sure the cheese melts into the turkey and tomato.  When browned on one side, flip.  And that is what I love about this pan, easy to flip.
 
 
While the stuffing is still warming up, I let the quesadilla cool a bit and then I cut it with a pizza wheel.  And, for me, instead of salsa on the side, a little hot sauce for dipping.
 
 
For desert, apple pie.
 
 
Only one more day with leftovers, and then no more turkey of a while.  I always have my fill by Sunday night.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment