LITTLE BUNGALOW LIFE

LITTLE BUNGALOW LIFE

Sunday, November 23, 2014

STOCKING UP FOR SPRING

I have started to stock up on books for next year.  I don't read much over the Winter months.  It is not because of the Winter holiday season, it is more of a preferred habit of reading outside.
I guess it hark ens back to my younger days.  I was always an avid reader, but there was so much to read for school; and with all the other activities I was involved with (both in and out of school) I did most of my pleasure reading over Summer break.
Now as an adult I start reading as soon as my back patio, backyard and front porch furniture comes out of hibernation.  Everything gets stowed after Thanksgiving and I put it out in March or by latest April.  Then I am ready to read.  The other plus, I have time to stock up.
I do have one Christmas theme book, but I will still wait to read it, it will be the first out of the box, so to speak.
 
DIVA WRAPS IT UP is all ready to go as soon as I can get out in the sunshine.  I could sit out on the back sun porch, but I do rack up a lot of winter time chores to keep me busy.  And, what a better way to start out my "reading season" than with a book from one of my favorite series.  I can't wait to see what Sophie and the Old Towne gang has in store for me.  This is such a fast paced, witty and well written series.  I just love it.

So here are some of the titles I am waiting on.

 
Another of my favorite series.  First I love the setting, one of my favorite vacations is to Savannah, I love everything about this city.  And it is portrayed so well.  The characters are wild and fun,  And Regan can definitely get herself in trouble.  I find myself laughing out loud and it is hard to put down.
 
 
This is a "new-to-me" series, but I am really looking forward to it.  It takes place in another favorite vacation city San Fransisco.
 
 
Another Murder She Wrote, I was very reluctant to try this series.  I love the television series and was afraid it would not hold up to my expectations.  But it exceeded it.  When I read the words, I can hear the actor's voices.  The books really do capture the spirit of the show.  I don't follow the whole series, I usually choose the ones set in Maine, but I have picked a few set outside of Cabot Cove.
 
 
 
Another "new-to-me" series I started this Fall.  I prefer to read series in order, but since there was a Halloween theme, I chose to start this series out of order.  But since I loved it, I quickly picked up the first two in the series to get caught up. 
 
 
Another great series, set in one of my favorite states, Maine.  Luckily Beth and Robert Feeman who make up B. B. Haywood live in Maine, so they get it right.  And, like many of the series I read, they take advantage of the holidays.
 
 
And, last but not least is the next in the Paws and Claws series.  After only one book, this is on my list of favorites. 
 
So that is what I have accumulated for now.  I still have to pick up the newest Tea Shop and Cackleberry Club mysteries by Laura Childs.  Also on my list the next Booktown mystery by Lorna Barrett and any other new series I stumble upon.  I am also hoping for new Celebration Bay mystery by Shelley Freydont.
 
 
But if I get the itch to read, I picked this up last year.  It contains Christmas theme mysteries by some of the greatest mystery writers.
 
 
And since I love a good ghost story just as much as a good mystery;  and since ghost stories are a long ago Christmas tradition, I picked up this book at a used book store several years ago. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment