LITTLE BUNGALOW LIFE

LITTLE BUNGALOW LIFE

Monday, December 15, 2014

CLOSE UP ON DECOR

I wanted to take a moment for a closer look at some of my holiday decorations.  The majority of my holiday decorations come from inexpensive stores like The Christmas Tree Shops, Dollar Tree, Target, Lowes and Oriental Trading Co.  Not to say, if I find something special while out-and-about I would not buy it, because I do and I have.  But the main point for me is, if you really look, you can find some really great things "cheap."

 
I have not shown this little kitty Nativity Scene yet.  I found this for my Blossom and Six several years ago in a catalog.  I do have a separate manger for it, but (so all the pieces can be seen) I prefer it with out.
 
 
On the lower shelves of the book case above, I just placed two little resin snowman, from the Dollar Tree.  They are nicely made and they coordinate as a pair.  $2.00 and they are a subtle touch of Winter.
 
 
On the table beside the front door one of my potted artificial Poinsettias (they are all over the house and really add color.)  Found at Michael's at the end of the season, they were only $4.00 each and I really had to look them over well to get the best ones.  But after selecting them carefully and fluffing them up when I got them home, the look almost real.  They are all set in (my favorite) plain Terra Cotta pots.  A simple little pine cone in the lobster bowl.
 
 
I bought a few smaller potted Poinsettias at an after holiday clearance sale at Target.  Same as the larger ones, I had to look them over well and spruce them up, but they are a good quality.  The little Christmas book store is part of the Dollar Tree village collection.  Since I love books, it makes sense in my home.  Again, very subtle on the fire place/entertainment console.

 
On a lower shelf of the console, a little Dollar Tree Santa Claus and a pine cone.  For just a dollar it has a very vintage look and again up close it is surprisingly very good quality.
 
 
I have several of these little bottle brush trees all around the house.  They come in a two pack from the Dollar Tree, for their village set.  There are three different varieties to choose from.  The don't look any different from the pricier ones I have seen.  I put them on smaller places around the house.
 
 
I have several of the wire trees (red, green and gold) and have them filling spaces around the house.  The Santa mug, with plastic candy canes are from the Dollar Tree.  The reindeer candle holders from Oriental Trading Co., with the glass removed, hold white pumpkins from a bowl filler set and more pine cones.  The wire trees are also on the side tables and console table in the living room.
 
 
 
A set of the Poinsettia trees on each end of the dinning room table and more Dollar Tree snowmen.  The other is a coordinating match holding a tree.  All of these pieces even have felt on the bottom.  I know I keep saying it, but really good quality for a buck.
 
 
 
On the other side of the dinning room, another wire tree and my catalog find, Indoor Snowball Fight.
 
 
And on each colonnade another tree and my blown glass pumpkins (that stay out all year.)  I have several pumpkins still out, I see them as "Winter Fruit" and like the color contrast.
 
 
I stole this idea from the Lowes magazine.  They didn't give a price for the kissing balls in the magazine but I went right over to my local store and found they were only $2.95 each.  They are a prefect size and very nicely made. 
 
 
 
Another Dollar Tree wire tree and Santa Claus.  I have seen the same trees for $4.50.  And of course another pine cone atop the books in the bedroom.
 
 
The simple Dollar Tree tinsel wreath with wire ribbon again from the Dollar Tree. 
 
 
More clearance floral, a wire tree, a pine cone and my favorite nesting dolls from OTC.  The nesting dolls were $10.00 but I had a $5.00 coupon and free shipping.
 

 
In the bathroom I have a tinsel tree, another Santa Claus from the Dollar Tree and another small Target Poinsettia.  I also have this little Dollar Tree pet shop village shop and the leaf and pine cone candle set.  The later came from (a now closed local dollar store) Yankee $1.  I bought several of these candle sets and gave them to a few friends, they love them as much as I do.  They were even boxed nicely.
 
 
 
Into the kitchen on the table, a pumpkin basket filled with pine cones, sea shells and candy canes.  The artificial Amaryllis (clearance from Target) and this year's Dollar Tree Santa Mug.
 
 
 
On a shelf next to the back door a flower shop village building and more trees on the work station in the kitchen, all from the Dollar Tree.
 
 
The wreaths in the kitchen, agian only $1.50 each to make and it only took a few minutes to put them together.
 
 
I leave the JC Penney Santa Claus mug on the Kuerig (when not in use) and another Amaryillis.
 
 
Another Santa and Poinsettia in the dressing room.
Every room, including the pantry and the back porch has some small decoration.  It doesn't take much and it definetly doesn't have to cost a lot to add seasonal and holiday decor to any room.  I follow this same rule for all the holidays.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment