LITTLE BUNGALOW LIFE

LITTLE BUNGALOW LIFE

Thursday, January 8, 2015

WHAT A GREAT WAY TO START THE NEW YEAR

All tho it is only 8 days into the New Year things are looking pretty good.  The days are getting noticeably longer and it is only 10 weeks until Spring.  And, it is only 7 weeks and 2 days until March 1st.  That is usually the day (weather usually permitting) I start to drag out my out door furniture.

The Christmas decorations are all packed away, although I do leave my pine garlands, pine wreaths and Poinsettias until I hang my Valentine's Day decorations.  January can be such a long month, the red, pinks and whites can make the late Winter days much brighter.

We are starting to plan our multi day and day trips for the year.  And planning ahead for Spring, Summer and Fall to come.

But one of the greatest things I have read in this New Year is from The Animal Protective Foundation.  This is our local Schenectady County shelter, we have been involved with them for several years, making raffle and door prize baskets.  This is the post I found yesterday:

A special "Thank you!" to the public for your help in finding loving homes for the animals at APF. We are pleased to report that, due to an overwhelming number of adoptions recently, we have very few available animals at this time. Please be advised that we currently do not have any cats at our satellite location in PetSmart on Balltown Road, Niskayuna. For more information on those who are still waiting for their forever families please visit www.animalprotective.org or visit the main shelter on 53 Maple Ave in Scotia. Thank you!

They have no pups looking for families and there are only 10 kitties who need families.  That is amazing, since this shelter, like all the shelters in our area are usually full.  Here is a look at some of the kitties still waiting to go home.

 
The APF always posts a brief back story about the pets along with their photos and it is always heart breaking.  After I visit the website, I always smother my girls with some extra hugs and kisses.  Of course they usually respond with an annoyed look, but so be it.
Each county in the Capital District has a shelter that works so hard to help the pets with just donations for funding.  There are so many ways people can help out to make sure these fur people have everything they need.

My favorite quote has been and will be:

“The True Measure of Any Society can be found in how it treats its most vulnerable members” – Ghandi

I think animals qualify.

No comments:

Post a Comment