LITTLE BUNGALOW LIFE

LITTLE BUNGALOW LIFE

Monday, February 16, 2015

HAPPY PRESIDENTS' DAY

Presidents’ Day is an American holiday celebrated on the third Monday in February. Originally established in 1885 in recognition of President George Washington, it is still officially called “Washington’s Birthday” by the federal government.

Happy birthday President George Washington, February 22.

 
ST. VALENTINE'S DAY A ROUSING SUCCESS
 
Although the weather outside was frightful, we did escape any accumulating snow; but it was terribly cold.  So a cozy Valentine's Day at home.  Here is a look at our Valentine's Day loot.
 
 
In our home, holiday gifts are always more personal than pricey.  Once the basket wrap was removed the fun filled contents were exposed.
 
 
I don't wear colored polish on my hands (they are always to busy to maintain polish,) but my toes never go bare.  My spa has not had my two favorite colors, so why not have my own.  OPI-Red My Fortune Cookie and I'm Not Really a Waitress.  I think I love the names more than the colors!
 
 
 
This is my favorite gift of the day; it is from A Likely Story and you can order directly from her site or on her Etsy page.  Can you think of a more perfect gift for a mystery lover than a "whodunit?" charm bracelet?
 
 
Okay, the panther is pink after all and pink is a Valentine's Day color.  I already had the (almost) complete Pink Panther collection.  It was missing this movie, the collection was released by MGM but Universal still owns the rights to this movie.
 
 
Valentine's Day would not be with out a little "bling."
 
 
 
The little hearts above were only $1.00 and the pretty boxed earrings (and the boxes are even in my favorite color) were 3 for $5.00 from BigLots, can you stand it?

Here is what they looked like in the boxes.
 
 
And believe it or not they are really good quality for the very inexpensive price.
 
 
Only a little candy, I am not big on candy, this will go a long way.  But look at the giant candy dots!  And a box with a kitty and Snoopy!
 
 
And Snoopy in a mug.  Another plush Snoopy for the collection.
 
I hope everyone had a wonderful Valentine's Day and have a wonderful Presidents' Day.
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

 
 

 

 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment