LITTLE BUNGALOW LIFE

LITTLE BUNGALOW LIFE

Sunday, March 8, 2015

DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME

March 1 rolled in and meteorological Spring started and the weather changed just like that.  Gone is the cold February and in comes longer, warmer, sunny days.  This week especially, the temperatures are back up to normal in the 40's with clear skies.  The snow is melting and, I am so happy the clocks get changed earlier.  But, no matter how much I try to avoid it, I still get DLST jet lag.

Every year I change the clocks forward early and plan on going to bed early to try and avoid that jet lag feeling.  It always seems like such a good plan, but for some reason I never get to bed as early as I hope to.  So, another Sunday tired from loosing the hour.  Don't get me wrong I love the longer days, I just wish we didn't switch back in November, I would be happy just to stay right like this.

So, since it looks like it is going to be a lazy Sunday (and that is perfectly fine with me) t.v. and comfort food seems like a plan.

Luckily it is warm and sunny today and there is a "Murder She Wrote" marathon on.  But Sunday morning tradition calls for watching CBS News Sunday Morning and reading the paper with a big breakfast.  A morning like this calls for french toast and bacon.

 
As always holiday theme napkins.
 
For an early dinner, a favorite is oven baked breaded chicken.  Cornflakes make a great crunchy breading.  It is simply cornflakes, cheese, pepper and little butter to moisten the crumbs.
 
 
I love this mini Cuisenart processor.  I pulse chop the Cornflakes until ground, then add cheese, pepper a little butter.
 
 
I process until everything is blended.  Not only does the butter add moisture to the crumbs but it helps everything brown up nicely in the oven.
 
 
I melt a little butter and whisk in one egg.  I love Perdue's  Perfect Portion skinless, boneless chicken breast.  I also only choose Perdue products, because they raise their chickens cage free and naturally.  Although I am a huge animal lover, I am not a vegetarian.  I just choose to eat consciously and only choose meats and other animal products that are raised and obtained naturally and humanely.  The eggs I buy are also from cage free locally raised chickens.
I also like the perfect portions, because if it is just me, they are already seasoned, ready to go and pre- wrapped.  I throw them in the freezer and pull out what I need with out all the work.
 
I line a baking sheet and coat it with Pam Olive Oil spray and bake for 30 minutes at 400 degrees.  Before popping them in the oven I sprinkle them with extra crumbs.
 
 
Out they come nicely browned.
 
 
Side them with Spanish Rice and sweet green peas.
 
 
The Spanish rice is really simple, just chicken broth, tomato sauce, prepackaged spices, butter and rice.  I like my rice a little gooey so I cook the rice covered.  And then I stir in a little cheese when done.
 
Desert comes later tonight, while watching t.v.
 
Ice cream brownie cups.  I usually make my brownies as cupcakes, but the only difference, when they come out and are still warm I press down the  middle to form a bowl.
 
 
 
Then I set them aside and let them cool.  When it is time to enjoy, just fill with ice cream and add the toppings.
 
 
Hopefully to bed early tonight and up refreshed and rested tomorrow. 
 
 
 
 


 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment