LITTLE BUNGALOW LIFE

LITTLE BUNGALOW LIFE

Saturday, March 28, 2015

EASTER DECORATIONS INSIDE AND OUT PART 1

So, this post is a little late, the Easter decorations have been up for almost a week.  Having Easter fall so early makes decorating a bit rushed, but it sure is nice to see the bunnies and eggs.  Although it is hard to believe after that long, cold and snowy February, March is just about over.  Contrary to what I have heard, I didn't think the weather (in March) was all that bad.  My only frustration is the snow is not melting as fast as in the past.  I really want to start cleaning the yard.  I will get to what ever out door cleaning I can get to, but I can't wait to rake.

So here is a look at some of my out door decorations.  Like Valentine's Day and St. Patrick's Day I wrap holiday tinsel garland around the railing.  This is white tinsel with foil eggs.  Pink velvet bows and  bunny and chick windsocks.  I love my wind socks, but I wish they were easier to find.  Yes, still snow on the ground, but it is melting.

 
Plastic eggs on the Cherry tree.  My mother made these for me years ago.  She used the eggs that open and she melted holes through the top and bottom and ran string through them.  I can't believe I have had these for 20 years.
 
 
I found these silk Daffodils at Michael's several years ago for only $2.99 each.  I should have purchased more, I haven't seen them since.  I am not a huge fan of artificial flowers, but until I can plant, these will have to do.  But they are pretty realistic looking.  And, of course in clay pots.
White tinsel bunnies in the windows are from The Dollar Tree.  They match the tinsel garland great.
 
 
Baskets filled with grass and eggs  and the bunny bird feeder are from The Christmas Tree Shops.
 
 
A few more Daffodils, here with foam bunnies on sticks and a coir bunny doormat.
 
 
This bunny lantern is from Pier 1 Imports.  I put an egg in the lantern in place of a candle.
 
 
I love this garland from Lillian Vernon.  I am so glad it is holding up, I have not seen anything I like as much since I purchased it.  And the wreath on the front door matches the baskets in the metal planter.
 
 
Of course the wicker is out so a little bunny to dress up the settee.
 
 
Like with the last two holidays, the garage just gets a wreath up top and a little decor on the sides of the door.  For Easter it is the same tinsel bunnies as in the front windows.  Although I can't use the backyard yet, it is nice to see something each time to go out and come home.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment