LITTLE BUNGALOW LIFE

LITTLE BUNGALOW LIFE

Sunday, May 17, 2015

BOOK REPORT

Book number 2 of my reading season was another great choice.  The first in a series by a "new-to-me-author" Lea Wait.  The title is TWISTED THREADS, love that title.  As I was shopping for books early in the year I stumbled across this book with a wonderful cover; and when looking for a new reading, cover art is one of the things that draws me in to take a closer look.

 
A New England Girl at heart all I had to see was the lobster pillow and of course the kitty and I knew I had to take a look.  So, it is set in Maine, a favorite state and I after reading up on Lea Wait I saw she is a Mainer.  It has a needlepoint theme and although this is not a topic I have any knowledge of, it was still something that was interesting to me.  And the needlepoint is not overly prevalent that it distracted me from the story.  It was just a nice backdrop and it bound the characters together.  What I found most intriguing, the mother of the sleuth, Angie, had gone missing and her body was recently discovered.  For me this gave the story a little edgier feeling than many of the cozy mysteries I read.  Angie also works for a P.I. and she is pretty feisty; she is a nice strong and independent character.  Angie's grandmother Charlotte and the rest of the town folks are very diverse.  I found it a very fast paced read, I did have trouble putting it down a few times.  I like to stop reading at the end of a chapter, but on a few occasions I had to read just one more chapter to find out what happened.  I love when a book has more than one mystery, issue or complication woven into the story.  And as I was reading I found myself wondering about every character, the story definitely kept me guessing right up until the end.  And, of course a cozy mystery would not be a cozy mystery with out at lease one furry character.
 
When starting a new series, or a new author, I never know if I will finish the book or continue the series.  But I can safely say this series in on my list of regulars.  I really enjoyed this book and look forward to following the series for some time.
 
Next up is MAYHEM ON THE ORIENT EXPRESS by Kylie Logan.  I started this series out of order.  I had picked up the Halloween theme THE LEGEND OF SLEEPY HARLOW an got instantly hooked.  I immediately pick up the earlier two and I can't wait to start reading.
 
Happy reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment