LITTLE BUNGALOW LIFE

LITTLE BUNGALOW LIFE

Wednesday, May 6, 2015

BOOK REPORT

So this is my first book report post.  As I mentioned before, I do the majority of my reading in the outdoor weather months.  During the snow months I tend to stick with short stories and lighter reading.  I really prefer to read outside, I need some "sound" distraction when I read.  I can't read with the radio or T.V. on, but outside I have the birds, church bells, train whistles, distant voices and light traffic noise.  And there is just something about relaxing in an Adirondack chair with a glass of sweet tea and a good book.

So my reading got off to a late start.  I wasn't able to put the front porch wicker out until after March 20th; and the back yard and back patio furniture didn't go out until after April 1st.  Then there was a ton of yard work to do and we went away for a week, so my first book of the "reading season" took a little bit to complete.

I chose The Domestic Diva Mysteries "Diva Wraps It Up" by Krista Davis.

 
This is one of my favorite series.  It takes place in the very charming Olde Towne Alexandria, Virginia and it features Sophie Winston as the sleuth.  It is a Christmas theme so I read it first, I like to keep my reading seasonal.  April is as close as I am going to get to Christmas I guess.
As all of The Domestic Diva Mysteries the cast of characters is quirky and diverse.  I got to catch up with the zany regulars and was introduced to some new ones.  I appreciate the addition of the new characters in each book, I think it keeps the story fresh.  I am amazed Krista is able to create so many new and interesting characters.  What I love about this series, there is always more than one mystery going on.  Of course there is a murder, but there is always some other crisis or problem adding to the mix.  Everyone seems to have a motive and more than ample opportunity to commit the crime.  And there is always some SECRET to be uncovered.  Krista Davis is great at creating those end of chapter cliff hangers that makes me want to keep reading.  It is written in the first person (which I love.)  It puts me right in the story.  I also love that the stories are set around the holidays.  And Krista's writing is very descriptive from the the settings to the locations to the clothing; again makes it very easy to get wrapped up in.  Sophie is a very likable character, she is the type of person any one would love as a neighbor.  And of course there is the frisky Mochie and sweet Daisy; I love a book with animal characters.
 
So to sum it up I loved it.  Great enjoyable reading.
 
Next up is a new-to-me author and the first in a new series.  "Twisted Threads" by Lea Wait.  And so far so good, I started it yesterday and I am already on page 80. 
 

6 comments:

  1. Krista's books are wonderful, I'm so happy you featured her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree Mary, and I am a fan of both series. I have a stack to "to-be-read" books and I will be adding them to my Book Reports as I read them. I love to promote the books I love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Krista's books are great! She is just as much fun in person.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We love Krista's books - also her "Paws and Claws" series!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too love both series. Krista is such a great writter. I always look forward to reading her books.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All of Krista's books (both series) are on my favorites list!

    ReplyDelete