LITTLE BUNGALOW LIFE

LITTLE BUNGALOW LIFE

Monday, June 29, 2015

SUMMER TIME AND THE LIVING IS STILL EASY

UGH!  I wish someone would tell our local T.V. Meteorologists that there is nothing wrong with a little rain in the Summer.  Yes, I know many people live for the weekend; and this weekend was a big graduation party weekend with much of the schools in the Capital Region graduating this past week.  And yes, I understand that many people can only do things on the weekends; but we are still in a rain deficit and we need it.  Although it is not as dry as it was in the Spring; the Dog Days of Summer have yet to arrive and we need the rain for those very hot dry days to come.

So, it was a cool, cloudy and rainy weekend; I was lucky to be able to get outside on Saturday a bit to get some reading in.  Although cloudy and cool it was nice to slip into a sweat shirt and sip hot tea in the Adirondack Chairs with my book. Sunday was a mystery movie day.  I watched HAUNTED HONEYMOON with Gene Wilder, Gilda Radner and Dom DeLuise.  I love this movie and had not seen it for awhile.  The fire place on and comfort food curled up in front of the T.V.  Sometimes you need a weekend like this. 

But first I load up on some easy Summer time favorites for the weekend.  Start with some left over grilled corn on the cob.  Removing the kernels is not my favorite thing but it is that difficult.

 
Slice up some vine ripened tomatoes.
 
 
Green onions.  Oh and my little lemon cutting board from the Dollar Tree, the last time I was in I saw they had several other fruits and I didn't pick them up.  Hopefully they will be there my next visit.  They come with a matching knife, so cute.
 
 
Toss with a little oil, vinegar, salt and pepper. 
 
 
A perfect side to some grilled chicken drizzled with a sesame ginger dressing.
 
 
And a second helping of salad.
 
 
Seedless watermelon and prosciutto instead of melon.  I love the sweet and salty combination.
 
 
 
Another favorite salad is hearts of romaine, roast beef and feta topped with oil, vinegar, salt and pepper.
 
 
And for the cooler of the nights a little fettuccine and stir fried veggies.  I use Swanson Flavor Boost to add a little more flavor too the veggies.
 
 
I add the cooked fettuccine to the veggies and toss to coat.
 
 
Smother with Parmesan cheese.
 
 
And with flowers in the house everyday is sunny.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment