LITTLE BUNGALOW LIFE

LITTLE BUNGALOW LIFE

Monday, August 17, 2015

STUFF

There is nothing like finding something so unique that you can't live with out it (okay maybe I could LIVE with out it.)  But maybe you just can't pass it up.  I saw a similar pouffe ottoman in a Tuesday Morning flyer, but never got there to check it out.  Then a flyer for Ocean State Job Lot came with the Sunday paper and they had the same Sari pouffe ottoman for only $12.00.  It is made from recycled Sari and it is fabulous; it placed it in the dinning room next to re purposed lingerie chest.

 
It is that time of the year again, creating baskets for The Animal Protective Foundation's 23rd annual Fireplug 500 Walk for Animals.
And since we are out shopping for the baskets it is hard not to pick up a few things for myself.  I found this great Southern Living Magazine book at The Dollar Tree, yes just for $1.00.  They had several different editions, I picked up a baking edition for a basket, but the home style one is for me.  And it is no secret I love my pineapples, I found this pineapple bowl at Pier 1 Imports. 
 
 
August is my birthday month and I always loved having a Summer birthday.  Nothing like relaxing and hanging out by the pool.  A few favorite birthday gifts.
 
 
Adorable cat chopstick rest, but they can be used as knife rest as well.  Two each of sitting up, laying "belly-up" or sleeping.
 
 
When I was a little girl I loved going to our local Hallmark store and choosing a new Hagen-Renaker Siamese Cat.
And I still have all the kitties I collected as a child, although some are a little broken.  But I haven't bought any in a while, so I thought a few new ones would be nice.  These 4 little kitties are so tiny, I love them.
 
 
I always love to find unusual things, ghost shaped ice cube tray, a Dead Fred pen holder and from the movie BEETLEJUICE, A HAND BOOK FOR THE RECENTLY DECEASED.  Okay so it is bland inside, what what a great conversation piece.
 
 
I absolutely love Edward Gorey books, 
and I have collect several over the years.
 
 
A few more fun party games.
 
 
A little early birthday lunch at a great local restaurant.  The original Hattie's Chicken Shack
is in Saratoga Springs and only open for dinner; but a few years ago they opened a second restaurant that is open all day, north of Saratoga Springs in the City of Saratoga.

 
 
A different location, a different look, a different vibe, but the same great food; delicious fried chicken.
 
 
And fresh Beignets!
 
 
A very Summery birthday cake.
 
 
And I love this flower arrangement, a flower birthday cake.
It even has little candles.
 
 
And no birthday would be complete with out the annual birthday post card from Dimillos Floating Restaurant in Portland, Maine. 
We only ate there once several years ago (about 10 years ago) and were ask to fill out a card with out birthday.  We figured "why not" and the next year we got our first birthday postcard.  And every year I look forward to my postcard.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment