LITTLE BUNGALOW LIFE

LITTLE BUNGALOW LIFE

Wednesday, September 2, 2015

BOOK REPORT

So, I already read one Fall theme book and I have the rest of my Fall theme books lined up.  But, this next book I read is not only a Fall theme it is a Halloween theme.  Well, I could not wait to read it.  I have had it since last year, when it was released and just had to get it read. 

I love the Domestic Diva Mysteries and when Krista Davis started the Paws and Claws Mysteries I knew I would love it too.  And surprise surprise I do love it.  THE GHOST AND MRS MEWER is the second in the series and starts up close in time where MURDER SHE BARKED  finished up.  MURDER SHE BARKED was early Fall and THE GHOST AND MRS MEWER starts off right before Halloween.

 
Holly has packed up her life in Arlington, rented out her townhouse and moved lock stock barrel dog and cat into her Grandmother's inn in Wagtail.  Trixie and Twinkletoes are such a wonderful part of the stories, along with all the other resident pets and visiting pets.
 
Just in time for the town's Howlween festivities, local ghost hunters are in town along with their resident de-bunkers to look for ghost.  And this town has a few.  When a young woman, who is involved with the hunters is found dead, dressed as a ghost, in the fountain of a "haunted hotel" all sorts of mayhem ensues. 
 
The characters in this series are very likable and the mystery is smart.  Along with the murder there is many other "mysteries" interwoven into the story and they may or may not be related to the murder.  There are many suspects and even when you think the murderer is found, there may be a surprise.  I was guessing right up until the last page.  Another thing I like is the story doesn't just end  with the solving of the murder; it goes on a bit to tie things up and set things up for the next book.
 
Another great story by Krista Davis.  And it definitly got me into the Fall spirit (pardon the pun.)

No comments:

Post a Comment