LITTLE BUNGALOW LIFE

LITTLE BUNGALOW LIFE

Friday, October 9, 2015

HALLOWEEN DECORATING INSIDE AND OUT PART 2

Like outside, when I decorate inside I try to change things up a bit.  I always use my favorites and sometimes try to find and add some new things.  This year I was thrilled to find some cute new decorations.

In the front entry I always like to hang my bats and pumpkin on the mirror; I just like the back drop behind me when I answer the door, especially on Halloween night.  And the little wood pumpkins on the bookcase were new additions last year from the Christmas Tree Shops.

 
 
My two initial pumpkins from the Christmas Tree Shops.  One facing the front door
 
 
the other tucked under the entry table.
 
 
I decided to use all my Halloween pillows on the sofa this year and I like to have several lighted pieces around the house.  I always light up everything on Halloween and since this year Halloween is Saturday, I will light everything Friday night as well. 
 
 
 
 
The pumpkin trio and the ghost trio in the picture below are new this year from the Christmas Tree Shops, the eyes light up.
 
 
Behind the sofa my little Halloween Totem Poll, a little set of tomb stones, spook branches in a vase and a little tin pumpkin.
 
 
 
The console gets my favorite from Hallmark, the Halloween count down calender, a few paper mache pumpkins and some more haunted village pieces.  I have thought about setting up a little village, but I like scattering the pieces around the house.  If I could only find the perfect battery operated lights to stick inside the houses, they would look fabulous, but space is too small for a tea light.  But I am always on the hunt.
 
 
 
 
The colonnades get my ghost scare crows, one was a find in a craft store in Salem, MA and the other from the Dollar Tree several years ago.  Unbelievable how they almost match.  My glass pumpkins and the fresh white pumpkin are decorated with dried flowers, I picked these up on our recent trip home on Route 7.
 
 
 
The LED skull is from Pier 1 Imports last year and the candelabra from Target holds the silicone dipped bulbs.
 
 
The dining room table always gets the most attention, the runner is from Big Lots, the tin pumpkins from the Christmas Tree Shops and the grape vine mice from Pier 1 Imports; all I have had for a while and all on my list of favorites.
 
 
The cat is a childhood favorite from Woolworth's that my mother bought for me.  I think I was 8 years old when she bought it for me one day when we were running errands downtown Schenectady.
 
 
And of course my little cloth ghosts that hang from my chandelier every year.
 
 
A few new things this year, the beautiful little witch from the Ye Olde Gift Shoppe at Lakeside Farms.  And the pipe cleaner cat and witch's hat from the Dollar Tree.  I always loved the pipe cleaner decorations when I was a kid.
 
 
 
 
On the credenza, little clay Jack-O-Lantern baskets, my two favorite witches from the Dollar Tree, the tiny witch's broom and the little wax skull.  The skull is actually a party favor filled with confetti.
 
 
 
A spooky twig wreath on the french door.
 
 
And the cheese cloth ghost is another find from my favorite crafter's store in Salem.  This came home with me in 1995, hard to believe I have had it for 20 years.
 
 
 
Just a few pumpkins in the bedrooms this year and another Halloween cat.
 
 
 
In the dressing room I used a ghost candy dish to pull double duty, act as decor and hold all my Halloween earrings.  This little ghost is new this year, it is one of a set of three from Oriental Trading Co.
 
 
Every room gets a little spirit, even the bathroom.  Pumpkins and a few more village pieces.  And all the village pieces are from the Dollar Tree.  These inexpensive pieces could rival any pricier piece.
 
 
 
 
A pumpkin by the back door.
 
 
A new glass Jack-O-Lantern basket to hold some seasonal treats on the kitchen table.  A new favorite, the glass bottle skull from the Christmas Tree Shops and a little mini glass basket.
 
 
 
The stacking tea light holders from Hallmark, one of my coconut Jack-O-Lanterns and a few of my Halloween mugs.
 
 
 
 
I found the sack on the chair in a gift shop in Ballston Spa last year, but saw them again this year at the Christmas tree shops.  A few more pipe cleaner shapes, and a spider web candy bowl with Halloween shaped foil wrapped candy on the back porch.
 
 
 
 
I did leave out a few things this year, I skipped on the glass clings and a few ornaments, but I used all of my favorites and by moving them around a little bit makes is look fresh to my eye. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment