LITTLE BUNGALOW LIFE

LITTLE BUNGALOW LIFE

Monday, October 5, 2015

OUT AND ABOUT

I have heard rumors that this October is going to be warmer than average; if today (and this week for that matter) is any example, I think the rumors are right!  What a perfect day, bright sunny blue sky, light wind and temperatures into the high sixties.  We decided to head to one of my favorite Dollar Trees to check on Halloween "Stuff."  The Dollar Tree on Route 50 in Saratoga Springs always has a full compliment of holiday-wares; and I found some great things today.  And since we were in Saratoga Springs we decided to head a few minutes north to Hattie's Chicken Shack.

But today we decided to take it to go and head to the new Water Front Park on Crescent Avenue in Saratoga Springs.

 
Because of extensive development on Saratoga Lake there has been very limited public access to the lake.  But now we have Brown's Beach in Stillwater and this wonderful public park in Saratoga Springs.
 
 
All tho it is not huge, it is just the right size for a little lake side lunch.
The upper level offers spectacular views and a lovely landscaped garden.
 
 
 
There are stairs down to the lower level, but it is also accessible by car.
 
 
 
So we decided to drive down, and although nice and quiet, there were a few others enjoying lunch by the lake.
 
 
I have to tell you, I am embarrassed to say, I have NO IDEA what these two gentlemen are "fishing" for in waders in the lake.  And, no they definitely were not fly fishing, they were digging?  I will have to research and find out, but if any one has any ideas let me know.
 
 
 
We found a lovely bench under this beautiful tree and dug into our delicious chicken.
 
 
And eat while enjoying this wonderful view.
 
 
 
For lunch I decided on a Big Boy sandwich, two boneless thighs in the signature Hattie's fried recipe.  I also ordered one breast to bring home and since the thighs are huge, I opted to strip one off and save that for later too.  I chose the cucumber salad as a side and ice tea.

 
Of course beignets to take home too.
 
 
And of course we had to stop at Dunkin Donuts for some Halloween donuts.  Vanilla cream filled pumpkin donuts and the new Reese's Peanut Butter squares.
Unfortunately the got a little smudged on the way home, but they still taste great.
 
 
And it is time to break out the apple cider!!
 
 
I am all about loving where you live.  Enjoying your hometown like a tourist.  I love the Capital District of New York State.  We are a pretty good sized metro-area, with four mid-sized cities in the four main counties that make up the Capital Region; but there are several surrounding counties that make up the Greater Capital Region, and we spend time in all of them.  I have never been "one to stay in my area."  And there are a few free publications I love to pick up that really showcase the area. 
Here are two of them.  518LIFE MAGAZINE.
 
 
After a wonderful lunch, homeward bound with my new Halloween loot, some sweet treats and two new magazines for a relaxing Fall evening.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment