LITTLE BUNGALOW LIFE

LITTLE BUNGALOW LIFE

Monday, December 7, 2015

WINTER DECORATING INSIDE AND OUT PART 2

Although I don't get too crazy with my interior Christmas decorations normally; this year I did a little less.  I stuck with my velvet Winter plants, pine cones, a few trees and some Winter critters.  I skipped the most of the Santas and snowmen this year.

The front door with the lit Poinsettia wreath.  An Amaryllis and a Poinsettia in a clay pot for the entry.

 
Some pine cones, a velvet Reindeer and a small Poinsettia on the entry bookcase.
 
 
 
The trend continued into the living room, with the addition of some trees.  The little brush trees are from the Dollar Tree, and are a really nice quality.
 
 
Two jeweled snowflake pillows on the love seat.
 
 
 
 
A larger white brush tree and a little ceramic village bookstore from the Dollar Tree.
 
 
 
The little birds decked out in their Winter gear were new last year.  The pumpkins I bought at Frog's Ledge on our Route 7 journey in September are still lovely.
 
 
 
I stick pine cones everywhere I can.
 
 
Plaid cone trees,  two more little birds and a pine cone in the basket on the dinning room table.
 
 
 
The kissing balls hang from the chandelier.
 
 
Two more white velvet Reindeer and the Bird Girl holds up two more pine cones.
 
 
One Santa Claus that did make the cut is on top of the cabinet, it matches the door hanger perfectly.  I found it on a vacation years ago and I like it's primitive look.
 
 
 
Another Poinsettia tucked behind the wicker chair and one next to the side board.
 
 
 
The twig deer candle holders with white pumpkins and a village flower shop on the sideboard.
 
 
 
An arrangement in a vintage sleigh, more pine cones and a brush tree in the bed room.
 
 
 
A burlap cone tree in the guest room.
 
 
In the dressing room three cone Poinsettia trees and more pine cones.
 
 
 
 
A Poinsettia and some pine cones on the bathroom Etagere.  A village pet shop and my favorite pine cone candles.  I found that at the now shuttered and sorely missed Yankee One Dollar.
 
 
 
 
An Amaryllis and a small Poinsettia in a tin bucket on the kitchen table and the Santa nesting dolls from Oriental Trading Co..
 
 
 
 
The snowman candle did make the cut, it is a vintage candle I found several years ago on an antique outing.  And a little pine cone in a tea bag plate.
 
 
Brush trees on the stove and another Amaryllis.  And Christmas theme kitchen towels.
 
 
I purchased this set of two clear glass pumpkins at Pier 1 Imports last year for a next-to-nothing clearance price.  I decided to use them for Winter, I love pumpkins mixed in my Winter decorations and with the clear glass and sterling silver look stems, they fit right in.
The larger one is on the sink and the smaller one on the self over the radiator.
 
 
 
 
The back doors get my hand painted slate Santa Claus door hangers.
 
 
The back porch.
 
 
A glass star candy bowl full of Christmas candy.
 
 
And one last Santa Claus, a big puffy fleece pillow.
 
 
Not too much, but just enough.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment