LITTLE BUNGALOW LIFE

LITTLE BUNGALOW LIFE

Monday, December 14, 2015

WINTER DECORATING INSIDE AND OUT PART 3 and

STILL ENJOYING THE WARM WEATHER

Mid December and like the rest of the East Coast, we are enjoying some very mild weather.  Boy am I glad I decided to replace my front porch wicker with my extra teak furniture.  I have really been enjoying it.  I have been regretting putting the backyard and back patio furniture away; but it still was the right thing to do.  My concern was having to rush to put it away when the weather does eventually change.  So, while we are enjoying this mild weather I can't sit on the front porch and enjoy my decorations, especially in the evening.

 
The garland on the railing and the entry trees are clear lights, the wreaths in the windows glow green and the Poinsettia wreath on the door burns red.
 
 
I am so grateful I am able to really enjoy the lights this year.
 
 
 
The front door wreath and the window wreaths are battery operated and I love I was able to find good quality battery operated decorations; makes for much easier decorating.
 
 
And since the weather has been so mild I have been able to open the windows (even for a short period) everyday.  And having all this wonderful fresh air in the house, I have been leaning toward lighter comfort foods.
 
Sliced tomato, green olives and goat cheese, a perfect meal on a hot Summer day.  But after getting some more outdoor work done, thanks again to the mild weather, it was a nice quick easy lunch.
 
 
For dinner, grilled chicken, smothered in roasted tomatoes, Kalamata olives and feta with chicken fried rice on the side.
 
 
Since we brought home the Spiedies marinade home from Binghamton, I decided to make my own.  I picked up Freihofers sesame seed steak rolls and diced white meat chicken.
 
 
Spiedies are generally made with grilled chicken but I chose to cook  the chicken quickly on the stove top.
 
 
And I added a slice of aged Swiss cheese to my Spiedies and lightly toasted the rolls for a different take.
 
 
Another favorite easy dinner or lunch, stir fry.  But in place of rice I chose to cook Acini Di Pepe pasta for the starch.
 
 
Chicken, broccoli, carrots and peas.
 
 
I tried a new McCormick stir fry sauce I found and it wasn't bad.
 
 
And the pasta on the side is a nice change.  I did add a bit of chicken flavor to the pasta while cooking for a little taste and to keep it from being too dry.
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment