Tuesday, May 24, 2016


A look back a two very memorable trips.  I should have said, two memorable fishing trips.  So, I went out, two years in a row, for some deep sea fishing with the boys.  Both years we went out off the coast of Maine.  The trips were perfect, except, we had to drive from Schenectady to Wellesley, MA then on to Maine.  What was the problem you ask?  Well the answer is, two of us wanted to leave the night before and the rest of us wanted to leave at 1:00 a.m..  We left at 1:00 a.m.  Why Darren and I just didn't go the night before, I don't have an answer. 

Two car loads of eager fishermen, all packed up for two days on the Atlantic Ocean, we headed out to pick up the boats and the rest of the crew in Wellesley then off to Maine.  The crew consisted of Darren, Tom, John, Kevin, Bill, Dan, Bob, Skipper, Scott, Ryan and me.  And, thanks to me, we all ate good on both trips.  Prior trips, well the catering attempts were less than appetizing.  AND, I was the only one to ever bring a camera to document the catches.  And after all the pictures were developed and passed out the question I kept hearing, so why didn't anyone ever think to bring a camera?

Skipper's two boats are the AndyO and the AndyO II, which we only had out on the second trip.  On the first trip the second boat was Scott's. 

Trip 1:  the skies look a bit ominous, but the weather was quit pleasant.  Tom reeling something in.

Skipper and his catch.
Nice picture of Scott.
Kevin being charming as always, with Scott, Ryan and Tom.
All I wanted to do was sit back and enjoy the show, but Bill was determined I had to catch something.  He actually did all the work and then handed me the fish.
The weirdest part about this trip was the Coast Guard that kept hanging around us.  We still have not a clue why?  But, we were pretty far away from the coast, no land in site, so it was a bit comforting to know they were out there.
The sun was a bit brighter on the second day of the first trip.  The boys pulling one in.
The second trip.  Loading up the AndyO.
The AndyO heading out first.
The weather for the next year was much better, it was actually amazing.  It was a bit cool, but it is much better to have it cool when you are on a small boat under a hot sun with a lot of fish.
Dan and his catch.
This time Dan was determined I catch something.
Darren getting some sun.
Meanwhile over on the AndyO.
Second day out.
Darren with his catch.
This one made Bill work for it.
Bringing out the net.
This is what two days on a boat out in the middle of the Atlantic looks like, ugh!
Back on solid ground, and pulling the boats out. 
The AndoO II in the front and the AndyO behind.
The fish.
Wonderful trips with an amazing group of guys, creating great memories.



No comments:

Post a Comment